DIY Bow Tie
- a 6″ x 3.5″ piece of velvet
- a 0.75″ x 2.5″ piece of velvet
- a 1″ pin back
- a glue gun
- a ruler
- a pen
- Start by drawing a vertical line and a horizontal line, dividing the rectangle into 4 equal quarters. Pinch the intersecting lines and pick up the velvet.
- Flip the piece over, while still pinching the backside, and place a drop of hot glue in the center. Fold the velvet in half lengthwise, pressing the two sides closed. Place a drop a of glue on backside, along the vertical line and close to the folded edge. Fold the fabric back and press the two sides closed. This is the accordion-like fold that will be repeated.
- Turn the bow on its backside and glue the tip of the velvet strip to the center. Wrap the strip around the bow and seal it closed.
- Glue a pin back to the back of the bow.
- Your velvet bow tie is finished!
For More DIY Tips/Tutorials, Check Out :The Ultimate Life Style Blog
- streets-and-shores likes this
- glassesandgeekery likes this
- Show more notes